This policy is effective from 14 May 2018.
How we collect your information
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us such as if you donate money, donate items to our shops, make purchases, access our website or become involved in any of our campaigns.
We may collect information about you online through our website, via email, the post, over the phone or from discussions with you. We will also receive your information from third parties such as JustGiving where you make donations. Before contacting various specific individuals to ask if they would like to support our work we may do some research to understand how likely it is they would be interested. We typically look at information published in the media and social media.
If our research shows that a person is unlikely to be interested, we will not contact them, and we will not keep the research. We collect contact details of medical, social service and educational professionals who are involved with children in our care. This information can come from parents, guardians or medical, social service and educational professionals.
The type of information we hold
The information we hold will include name, address, date-of-birth, contact telephone numbers, email address, bank details through regular donations.
We may also collect details of your visits to our website including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communications data and the resources that you access.
To ensure the information we hold is accurate, we may check the accuracy of your contact details against external publicly available lists such as the Telephone Preference Service and Mail Preference Service.
How we use your information
We may use your information in the following ways:
· To support children, young people and families.
· To provide funding and/or access to funding for the children we support.
· To provide you with information including fundraising or campaigning activities, services or products you have requested or which we feel may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted or where there is a business necessity.
· To process donations.
· To deliver any goods or services you have requested.
· We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil our statutory obligations for example the collection of Gift Aid or certain financial transactions.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website when you choose to do so for example we may help you to complete forms by inserting your contact details for you to edit.
· To analyse and improve the services offered on our website by providing you with the most user-friendly navigation experience we can for your computer or other internet devices.
Who we will share your information with
We will not sell or swap your information with any agency or other charity. We will not share personal information about you with third parties without your consent unless the law allows us to and these organisations are GDPR compliant. We may however share your information with:
· Our suppliers who are involved in delivering goods.
· Our suppliers who manage some of our IT services and web services in order to deliver the contracted services.
· HMRC for Gift Aid.
· Where you have given us permission to contact you we may use external services providers to do this on our behalf.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by The Dorset Children’s Foundation or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA), or a country approved by the EU. Within The Dorset Children’s Foundation your information will be stored on our secured systems in accordance with the The Dorset Children’s Foundation Information Security Policy.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you. Where we have had no interaction with you for a period of 5 years we will archive your data.
How you can access your information
If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please email the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can request your information be deleted or that we stop using your information and if we can we will, but sometimes we have to maintain records for legal reasons. If you are not happy with how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, please contact us again to see if we can resolve the problem. However, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/.
How will we tell you about future changes to this Privacy Statement
Any changes we make to our Privacy Statement will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time, so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information please email the Data Protection Officer email@example.com.